Alleged Nigerian fraudster on FBI watchlist turns self in over $6m internet scam

The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has commenced the investigation of Felix Osilama Okpoh, an alleged fraudster on the watchlist of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigations, FBI, for his involvement in a $6 million internet fraud, the agency said in a statement received by TODAY NEWS AFRICA in Washington DC on Tuesday.

Okpoh, alongside Richard Izuchukwu Uzuh, Alex Afolabi Ogunshakin, Abiola Ayorinde Kayode and Nnamdi Orson Benson, had been declared wanted by the FBI sometime in 2019 for their alleged involvement in a Business Email Compromise, BEC, scheme that defrauded over 70 businesses in the United States, of over $6,000,000.

The suspect allegedly provided over forty bank accounts to his conspirators, which were used to receive fraudulent wire transfers from their victims totaling over $1,000, 000.

He was, on August 21, 2019, indicted in the United States District Court, District of Nebraska, on charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

The EFCC said Okpoh, on Friday, September 18, 2020, turned himself in at the Lagos Zonal Office of the Commission in company with his parents, Col. Garuba Okpoh(retd.) and Chief (Mrs.) Justina Okpoh.

Okpoh, during interrogation, said he made the move to surrender himself to the Commission out of respect he had for his parents and his resolve to be morally upright, the agency said.

Show More
error: Alert: Share This Content !!
Share
Reddit
Tweet
Share

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker