Home Crime Anglophone secessionists abduct policeman in Cameroon, release picture with chained legs 

Anglophone secessionists abduct policeman in Cameroon, release picture with chained legs  Updated for 2021

82,137FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,137FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 25, 2021


Suspected Anglophone secessionists have abducted a policeman in Cameroon and released his picture on the social media with his legs chained.

Police inspector Diguengue Patrice from Mayo-Danay was abducted by gunmen between Njikom and Belo localities in the Northwest region where activists have been waging a war against security forces.

They are agitating for the independence of English-speaking parts of Cameroon in the Northwest and Southwest regions, citing marginalization from the administration of President Paul Biya.

Cameroonian newspaper, L’Oeil du Sahel, said Patrice had been deployed to Fundong police station where he was abducted by gunmen on Tuesday.

The armed secessionists have gunned down many security forces, burned down schools and government institutions and kidnapped several prominent people.

They have accused security forces of killing many activists in their bid to quell pro-independence protests and of arresting and torturing many activist leaders who have remained in detention without trial.

President Paul Biya had said there would not be dialogue in an atmosphere of war, especially when “crimals” take up arms against the state.

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba covers the White House, the U.S. government, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and other financial and international institutions for Today News Africa in Washington D.C. Simon can be reached on simonateba@todaynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More