Atiku dismisses claims he paid American lobbyists to sack Buhari Updated for 2021

82,111FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,111FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: March 3, 2021


Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, dismisses as “total fabrication” the latest allegation instigated by the Buhari campaign that he spent $30,000 to hire a US lobby group to persuade the US Congress to stop the inauguration of President Buhari.

Reacting to what he calls “shameless lies”, Atiku’s Media Adviser, Mr. Paul Ibe, says the latest dirty propaganda against the former Vice President “didn’t come as a surprise to us because lying has so far become their only bragging rights of competence.”

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

In a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr. Ibe explains that “lying has become a culture to the APC administration and therefore, we are not surprised by their latest diversionary allegations.”

The statement adds that “since Atiku resisted pressure not to go to court, the APC has been behaving like a cat on hot bricks because the outcome of the 2019 elections has exposed and shattered the facade of their dubious integrity.”

According to Ibe, “the APC are behaving nervously like a thief living under the fear of being exposed and shamed”, and that “they are now using fake news against Atiku instead of focusing on defending themselves in the court.”

“For a party that has broken the worst record in election rigging, the APC doesn’t have any iota of integrity to be taken seriously by anybody”, the statement adds. 

Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of Nigeria’s People’s Democratic Party, stands in front of the Wilbur J. Cohen Federal Building after an interview at Voice of America in Washington D.C. on January 18, 2019. Photo: EMMANUEL IKODOR, TODAY NEWS AFRICA

According to Ibe, “Atiku’s court case has become their biggest burden because it exposes their integrity as a sham, and instead of defending their stolen mandate in court, they are now using fake news to divert public attention from the historic electoral heist they have committed against Nigerians.”

The statement adds that no amount of diversionary propaganda and fake news campaign by APC will stop Atiku Abubakar from continuing the court action he started to reclaim the stolen mandate.

[/read_more]

Today News Africa
Today News Africahttps://todaynewsafrica.com
Today News Africa is a US-based international news organization focused on US-Africa policy and breaking news. Our goal is to provide truthful and exclusive stories to a diverse audience across North America and the African Continent. Subscribe to our news page at https://todaynewsafrica.com/ and Follow us on Twitter @todaynewsafrica

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Confidential U.S. government report concludes Ethiopia Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed leading ethnic cleansing in Tigray region

A confidential U.S. government report has concluded that the government of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed in Ethiopia along with allied militia fighters are leading a systematic campaign of ethnic cleansing in Tigray."Whole villages were severely damaged or completely erased," the report, first obtained by The New York Times, says.It adds that fighters from the neighboring Amhara region of Ethiopia who moved to Tigray...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Share
Tweet
Reddit
Pocket
Share
More