July 21, 2024

Biden and Ruto Toast to Strong U.S.-Kenya Relations at White House State Dinner

In a symbolic evening underscoring the enduring ties between the United States and Kenya, President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden hosted a State Dinner on the South Lawn of the White House on May 23, 2024. The event honored Kenyan President William Ruto and First Lady Rachel Ruto, marking the first state visit by an African leader in over 15 years.

President Biden’s Welcome

The evening began with President Biden expressing his delight at the presence of his distinguished guests. “The White House never looked this good,” Biden remarked to applause from the gathered attendees. He acknowledged the significance of the event, noting the presence of many members of the African diaspora, including former President Barack Obama, who had met with President Ruto earlier in the day.

Biden highlighted the shared history and values between the two nations. He referenced former President Jimmy Carter’s toast during the first state dinner for Kenyan leaders, where Carter had called the U.S. and Kenya “neighbors” united not by borders but by shared beliefs in freedom, democracy, dignity, and equality. “These are shared beliefs that give both our nations strength,” Biden emphasized.

Concluding his remarks, President Biden offered an Irish toast, symbolizing goodwill and unity: “May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warmly on your face, and may the rains fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand. To Kenya. To our guests. Cheers.”

President Ruto’s Response

President Ruto responded with gratitude for the warm welcome and hospitality extended by the American people. “The openness, goodwill, authenticity, and generosity of the American people greatly enhances our appreciation of your achievements,” Ruto said. He praised the strong social, economic, security, technological, and people-to-people ties between the two nations.

Ruto highlighted the importance of the U.S.-Kenya partnership in promoting democracy, security, and prosperity. “We proudly take a firm stand, shoulder to shoulder, for democracy in a world where troubles have shaken the faith of many,” he stated, emphasizing the shared commitment to freedom and equality.

Reflecting on the achievements of the past 60 years, Ruto noted the positive impact on people’s lives, increased wealth and investment, and a more integrated and secure world. “What we have accomplished during my visit is nothing short of phenomenal,” he said. “As long as we hold our ground and stay the course, we will deliver to our people a world in which it is safe to dream, to work, and to prosper.”

President Ruto concluded with a toast to the continued well-being of President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden, the security and prosperity of the American people, and the enduring friendship between Kenya and the United States. “To the President,” he declared, as glasses were raised in unison.

A Night of Unity and Shared Values

The State Dinner celebrated the strong and dynamic relationship between the United States and Kenya. It highlighted the shared values and mutual endeavors that have united the two nations for decades. The event served as a reminder of the importance of international partnerships in promoting democracy, security, and prosperity in an increasingly complex world.

The evening was a testament to the enduring bonds of friendship and cooperation, setting a hopeful tone for the future of U.S.-Kenya relations.

Notify of
guest
19 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
먹튀검증사이트
먹튀검증사이트
1 month ago

먹튀감별사: [Link deleted]

Keagan Bergstrom
Keagan Bergstrom
1 month ago

Normally I do not read article on blogs however I would like to say that this writeup very forced me to try and do so Your writing style has been amazed me Thanks quite great post

ccla land records ap
ccla land records ap
1 month ago

My brother suggested I might like this blog He was totally right This post actually made my day You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info Thanks

Darby Ward
Darby Ward
1 month ago

helloI really like your writing so a lot share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your post on AOL I need an expert in this house to unravel my problem May be that is you Taking a look ahead to see you

study guide maker
study guide maker
1 month ago

Its like you read my mind You appear to know a lot about this like you wrote the book in it or something I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit but instead of that this is fantastic blog An excellent read I will certainly be back

car rentals
car rentals
1 month ago

What a remarkable article! The way you’ve tackled the topic with such precision and depth is commendable. Readers are sure to gain a great deal from the wealth of knowledge and practical insights you’ve shared. Your profound understanding of the subject shines through every part of the piece. I’m eager to see more of your exceptional work. Thank you for offering your expertise and providing us with such enlightening and comprehensive content.

Lavinia Connelly
Lavinia Connelly
29 days ago

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks [Link deleted]!

Adrianna Marks
Adrianna Marks
24 days ago

Speed and Efficiency

best iptv smarter
best iptv smarter
10 days ago

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you are an expert on this subject Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work

Mariano MacGyver
Mariano MacGyver
8 days ago

Impressive article on social media strategies! For additional support, try Youtubeviews. We provide tailored social media marketing services to meet your needs.

Eleazar Yost
Eleazar Yost
6 days ago

I have been browsing online more than three hours today yet I never found any interesting article like yours It is pretty worth enough for me In my view if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before

Rasheed Hettinger
Rasheed Hettinger
6 days ago

Wow superb blog layout How long have you been blogging for you make blogging look easy The overall look of your site is magnificent as well as the content

Reina Schultz
Reina Schultz
6 days ago

I do not even know how I ended up here but I thought this post was great I dont know who you are but definitely youre going to a famous blogger if you arent already Cheers

Mose Nienow
Mose Nienow
6 days ago

Thank you for the auspicious writeup It in fact was a amusement account it Look advanced to more added agreeable from you By the way how could we communicate

xvideos red hd
xvideos red hd
4 days ago

xvideos.gold, just hd videos, free premium xvideos red

Francis Boyer
Francis Boyer
3 days ago

Your articles provide fresh perspectives.

xvideos red hd
xvideos red hd
3 days ago

Xvideos.gold, Gold is the new free red, check it out: [Link deleted]

bestiptv-smarters
bestiptv-smarters
3 days ago

Berry Schroeder
Berry Schroeder
1 hour ago

Youtubeviews has helped my channel reach new audiences. Their service is affordable, and the results are guaranteed!