Biden, Trump second debate to be virtual, commission says, as President battles coronavirus

The second presidential debate between Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and President Donald Trump will be virtual, the commission for the presidential debate announced on Thursday.

The commission said the two candidates will participate in the town hall debate “from separate remote locations.”

President Donald Trump is currently battling the deadly coronavirus, and Joe Biden had said he would not debate him in person if the President were still sick by next week.

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the deadly coronavirus last week along with more than 30 people in the White House.

The White House outbreak has continued to expand and the senior Pentagon military leadership has also gone into self isolation.

Chief White House Correspondent for

Simon Ateba is Chief White House Correspondent for Today News Africa. Simon covers President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, the U.S. government, the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and other financial and international institutions in Washington D.C. and New York City.

Show More
error: Alert: Share This Content !!

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker