BREAKING: Head of UN World Food Program David Beasley tests positive for coronavirus Updated for 2021

82,125FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,125FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 27, 2021

The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) executive director, a former governor of South Carolina, David Beasley, has tested positive for coronavirus, he said in a statement on Thursday.

“We have already started the process of reaching out to alert each and every one of them so that they are made aware that there is a risk that they too may be infected with the virus,” Beasley said in the statement. 

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

“I began feeling unwell this past weekend after returning to my home in the United States from an official visit to Canada and I took an early decision to go into self-quarantine, five days ago. So far, my symptoms have been relatively light, and I am in good spirits. I am lucky to be close to my family and I have access to excellent medical support,” he said.

He said contact tracing has begun for anyone he may have been in close contact with during the time he was unaware of the infection. 

[/read_more]

Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba covers the White House, the U.S. government, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and other financial and international institutions for Today News Africa in Washington D.C. Simon can be reached on simonateba@todaynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More