Home Security Breaking: ISIS releases pictures of weapons seized from Nigerian soldiers in Gudumbali,...

Breaking: ISIS releases pictures of weapons seized from Nigerian soldiers in Gudumbali, town raided by Boko Haram Updated for 2021

82,130FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,130FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 25, 2021


The Islamic State on Sunday night released pictures of Gudumbali, Nigerian town seized by Boko Haram on Saturday.

The pictures showed attack on molitary positions as well as seized weapons from Nigerian soldiers.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that troops had recaptured Gudumbali town in northern Borno state from Boko Haram terrorists.

Boko Haram had on Saturday dislodged the troops and recaptured Gudumbali town, the headquarters of Guzamala Local Government Area in the northern part of Borno State, Northeast Nigeria, after a lengthy gun battle that started on Friday night.

Nigerian soldiers and civilians fled the town as the terrorists took full control, two months after Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, in July, unveiled a cenotaph in remembrance of the 144 officers and soldiers who fell to Boko Haram in a single swoop in November 2015.

The fall of Gudumbali triggered fears that Boko Haram was back in full force contrary to claims by Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari that the terrorists had been defeated.

[/read_more]

Today News Africa
Today News Africahttps://todaynewsafrica.com
Today News Africa is a US-based international news organization focused on US-Africa policy and breaking news. Our goal is to provide truthful and exclusive stories to a diverse audience across North America and the African Continent. Subscribe to our news page at https://todaynewsafrica.com/ and Follow us on Twitter @todaynewsafrica

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
204 Shares
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More