Breaking! Nigerian Troops Discover Boko Haram Sentries On Trees, Underground Food Storage

The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that it had discovered Boko Haram observation posts on trees to quickly spot the movements of Nigerian soldiers, as well as underground food storage in Borno State, where the war against the jihadists continues to rage in northeastern Nigeria.

The dawn raid on Saturday by troops of the 7 Division Strike Group, Team B, and the 22 Task Force Brigade, were conducted simultaneously on suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideouts at Biggoro, Warpaya and Aura, three villages North  of Kumshe in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, said the essence of the operation was to stop the reported criminal activities of remnants of Boko Haram terrorists hiding in the three villages.

“This became necessary as previous efforts were futile. The suspected terrorists kept coming in search for food, water and shelter,” Colonel Usman said.

“The surprised dawn attack yielded positive result as the troops discovered well concealed observation posts on trees in the villages constructed by the terrorists to give them early warning of troops movement or approach.

“In addition, the troops found out that the observation posts though tree tops, were constructed in such a manner with chairs and ropes to pull up foods and other needs by the sentry without necessarily coming down the trees.

“To also save for the rainy day, the terrorists had underground food storage facilities where they stocked large quantity of foodstuff,” Colonel Usman added.

He said the troops killed two Boko Haram terrorists and recovered 3 AK-47 rifles, magazines and ammunitions.

“They also recovered 2 motorcycles from them. In addition they rescued 2 children from the terrorists,” he added.

The war against Boko Haram, although declared won by President Muhammadu Buhari last December, continues to rage. More than 25,000 people have been killed since 2009, and over two million people remain displaced. The Chibok girls who have been in captivity for more than two years were only seen in a video last week pleading with their parents to come and take them.

[/read_more]

Read full article

TODAY NEWS AFRICA
TODAY NEWS AFRICA
Today News Africa is a widely read and respected U.S.-based publication that addresses the continent of Africa in news to provide relevant information for people and business from around the world.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

Influential African Prophet TB Joshua tells President Trump another bigger crisis coming end of June

Even as violent protests continue to spread across the United States following the death of George Floyd in the midst of...

Trump taken to underground bunker as anti-racism protesters roar outside White House

President Donald Trump was taken to an underground bunker as anti-racism and anti-police brutality protesters roared outside the White House on...

Former African presidents release joint statement backing embattled African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina

In an unprecedented move, former African heads of state and government released a jointly signed letter on Friday, backing the embattled...

Can COVID-19 be passed through breastfeeding and should mothers wear face masks before breastfeeding their babies?

The World Health organization (WHO) has provided answers to questions many have about possible links between COVID-19 and breastfeeding, and whether...

Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, the Nobel Peace Prize winning dictator of Ethiopia

The Nobel Peace Prize winning Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed Ali is turning Africa's second most populous country into a...
- Advertisement -

TOP NEWS

[/read_more]

Read full article

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Share
WhatsApp
Reddit
Share
Tweet