A Nigerian governor said on Thursday that the purported release of 21 Chibok girls as claimed by the Nigerian government was propaganda and “diversionary tactics”.
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State said the report could be a way to shift attention “from the last week assault on our judges and the Judiciary by federal government, which has been widely condemned.
“Nigerians are no longer interested in the lies and make believes of the APC led federal
government. Rather, Nigerians want the economy fixed and food on their tables.”
He said Nigerians should wait to see the set of girls said to have been released this time around before drawing any conclusion.
“As for me, I keep my fingers crossed on this reported release of 21 Chibok girls. This is because we were once told by this same government that one of the girls was released and the girl, who was
supposed to be writing Physics WAEC examination then could not speak one sentence in English.
“Again, it was reported yesterday that Boko Haram bombed Maiduguri, Borno State and killed more than 10 people. How the same Boko Haram insurgents that bombed Maiduguri yesterday could release 21 Chibok girls today is a question Nigerians must ask.
“Until proved otherwise, the story still appears like one of the diversionary tactics of the federal government,” he said.
Governor Fayose said “the economy deserves more attention than all these lies and propaganda.
“We have heard enough stories on corruption, the federal government should give Nigerians food. The people are suffering and their sufferings must be attended to by the federal government.
“Propaganda, cheap lies and diversionary tactics must give way for serious governance.”
[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]