The U.S. Department of State published on Thursday June 6, 2019, a Federal Register notice of 23 individuals and entities statutorily debarred for having been convicted of violating, or conspiring to violate, the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751, et seq.).
The government said: “This action, as required by section 127.7(b) of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR parts 120-130), highlights the Department’s responsibility to protect U.S. defense articles, including technical data and defense services from unauthorized exports and brokering.
“This notice is provided for purposes of making the public aware that these statutorily debarred persons are prohibited from participating directly or indirectly in activities regulated by the ITAR. This includes any brokering activities and any export from or temporary import into the United States of defense articles, related technical data, or defense services in any situation covered by the ITAR,” said Jae E. Shin, Director, Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Department of State.
“The Department’s Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, working in collaboration with the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Homeland Security Investigations, identified the persons subject to statutory debarment based on their criminal conviction by a court of the United States.
“Under the terms of the statutory debarment, these individuals and entities are prohibited from participating directly or indirectly in any activities that are subject to the ITAR. Each individual and entity on this list will remain debarred until the Department approves an application request for reinstatement. All persons engaged in activities subject to the ITAR should be vigilant in their compliance with all export control regulations and ensure that their activities do not involve debarred persons“.
Those affected include
(1) Acosta-Moctezuma, Rogelio; May 22, 2018; Southern District of Texas; 7:16-cr-00712; December, 1978.
(2) Arredondo, Arnoldo Antonio; December 19, 2017; Southern District of Texas; 7:16-cr-00712; November, 1968.
(3) Barbieri, Frederik; July 20, 2018; Southern District of Florida; 1:18-cr-20060; July, 1971.
(4) Campos-Flores, Jose Jesus; October 16, 2017; District of Arizona; 4:17-cr-00159; December, 1995.
(5) De La Rosa, Juan Jesus; September 12, 2018; Southern District of Texas; 7:15-cr-00289; October, 1990.
(6) Inzunza, Shirley Trinity; January 22, 2018; District of Arizona; 4:16-cr-01503; January, 1994.
(7) Lerma, Luis Manuel; January 25, 2018; Southern District of Texas; 7:16-cr-00712; September, 1993.
(8) Luque, Barbara Jo; January 10, 2019; District of Arizona; 4:17-cr-01221; May, 1957.Start Printed Page 26501
(9) Morgovsky, Irina; November 5, 2018; Northern District of California; 3:16-cr-00411; August, 1951.
(10) Morgovsky, Naum; December 13, 2018; Northern District of California; 3:16-cr-00411; September, 1949.
(11) Nedoviz, Volodymyr; January 11, 2018; Eastern District of New York; 1:17-cr-00338; August, 1984.
(12) Padilla-Cruz, Ledis Omar (a.k.a. Omar Padilla); March 6, 2018; Western District of North Carolina; 3:17-cr-00233; January, 1979.
(13) Roberts, John Parker; December 14, 2017; Middle District of Tennessee; 3:16-cr-00199; January, 1990.
(14) Rezvanov, Eldar: July 24, 2018; Eastern District of Virginia; 1:18-cr-00206; May, 1990.
(15) Sydykov, Tengiz T.; January 11, 2019; Eastern District of Virginia; 1:18-cr-00212; June, 1989.
(16) Vazquez, Eduard Roel; April 16, 2018; Southern District of Texas; 7:17-cr-01768; June, 1992.
(17) Verma, Bharat; August 24, 2018; Northern District of Illinois; 1:15-cr-00018; July, 1940.
(18) Verma, Urvashi; August 24, 2018; Northern District of Illinois; 1:15-cr-00018; November, 1974.
(19) Vibgyor Optical Systems, Inc.; August 24, 2018; Northern District of Illinois; 1:15-cr-00018.
(20) Vlachos, Alexis; September 4, 2018; 2:15-cr-00006; District of Vermont; March, 1977.
(21) Wilson, Cory (a.k.a Jason Cory Wilson); January 11, 2018; Middle District of Tennessee; 3:16-cr-00199; July, 1974.
(22) Yassine, Fadi; August 3, 2017; Northern District of Iowa; 1:17-cr-00011; October, 1974.
(23) Zannoni, Giovanni; February 22, 2018; Eastern District of New York; 1:17-cr-00565; May, 1982.
The U.S. government said at the end of the three-year period following the date of this notice, the above named persons/entities remain debarred unless a request for reinstatement from statutory debarment is approved by the Department of State.