If I win second term, no part of Nigeria would be ignored under my watch, Buhari vows

81,900FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
3,980SubscribersSubscribe
81,900FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
3,980SubscribersSubscribe

President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja said no part of Nigeria will be ignored under his watch.

President Buhari gave the assurance when he received a delegation of Ugep Kingdom, Cross River State, led by His Royal Highness, Obol Ofem Ubana, Obol Lopon of Ugep, a retired Army officer.

- Advertisement -

The President was responding to a request by the royal father for the Federal Government to intervene and resolve inter-ethnic conflicts, affecting several communities namely Nko, Nyima, Oyadama, Edibe, Usumtong, Adadama and Ekureku.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

- Advertisement -

Responding, President Buhari told the delegation: ‘‘I assure you that under my watch, no part of Nigeria will be ignored.

”I am very pleased that you [the traditional ruler] have shared some professional background as a former military officer.

- Advertisement -

”My experience of being in the military afforded me the opportunity to work with all Nigerians and this is a lifetime experience.”

Earlier in his remarks, the traditional ruler thanked the President for appointing Yakuur sons into exalted positions in government, including Chief of Naval Staff, Minister of Niger Delta and Special Assistant to the President on Prosecution.

He pledged the support of his community to the president’s ”quest to rescue Nigeria.”

On restiveness in the region, the Obol Lopon said: ‘‘We are increasingly losing our youths to inter-tribal wars which if nothing is done will leave our communities without youths in the near future.

”As Obolo Lopon of Ugep, I am ready to partner with relevant government agencies saddled with the responsibility and management of communal conflict resolutions.”

[/read_more]

- Advertisement -
Avatar
Femi Adesina
Femi Adesina, a Nigerian journalist, is the special adviser on media and publicity to Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari. This is an official statement from him. The headline might have been adjusted.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Boko Haram steps up attacks in Cameroon far north region, at least 80 civilians dead since December

Human Rights Watch warned on Monday that the Islamist armed group Boko Haram has stepped up attacks on civilians in towns and villages in the Far North region of Cameroon since December 2020, killing at least 80 civilians. The group has also looted hundreds of homes in the region. The rights group urged the government to take concrete measures to both increase protection to vulnerable communities and...

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
242 Shares
Share
Tweet
Reddit
Pocket
Share
More