Home Latest Is Boko Haram planning a terror attack on Nigeria's capital Abuja?

Is Boko Haram planning a terror attack on Nigeria’s capital Abuja? Updated for 2021

82,137FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,137FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 25, 2021

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has denied media reports claiming it issued a red alert on security agencies over a purported terrorists’ attack in Abuja, and neighboring states.

A supposed internal memo of the Service, which was released late last week, indicated that the terrorists were regrouping around Abuja, Kogi and Nasarawa States, all in North-central Nigeria.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

The controversial memo, purportedly signed by the Comptroller, Enforcement of NCS headquarters, H.A Sabo, disclosed that the terrorist group had camped in five prominent locations in Abuja, with plans to unleash terror on residents of the city.

But in a telephone chat with PRNigeria, Mr. Joseph Atta, the Service’s spokesperson denied issuing any statement on the alleged terrorists’ onslaught.

“I don’t even know anything about it. The Nigerian Customs Service also knows nothing about the letter,” he said point-blank.

According to Atta, it is not the first-time messages or statements about ‘phantom’ recruitment exercises and goods’ auctioning are issued bearing fake letterheads of NCS.

[/read_more]

Today News Africa
Today News Africahttps://todaynewsafrica.com
Today News Africa is a US-based international news organization focused on US-Africa policy and breaking news. Our goal is to provide truthful and exclusive stories to a diverse audience across North America and the African Continent. Subscribe to our news page at https://todaynewsafrica.com/ and Follow us on Twitter @todaynewsafrica

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More