Joe Biden: “I am proud of my son” Hunter Biden Updated for 2021

82,124FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,124FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 27, 2021

U.S. President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday said he was proud of his son Hunter Biden after the latter revealed early this week that his taxes were under federal investigation.

“I am proud of my son,” Biden told reporters in Wilmington, Delaware, after he introduced his new cabinet picks, including Susan Rice.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

Biden was responding to a question by Fox News reporter Peter Doocy who shouted “Did Hunter Biden commit a crime? Have you spoken to your son, Mr. President-elect?”

Hunter Biden said in a statement on Wednesday that he had been informed he’s under investigation.

“I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs,” Hunter Biden said.

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors.”

In a statement, the Biden transition team said last Wednesday “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”

[/read_more]

Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba covers the White House, the U.S. government, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and other financial and international institutions for Today News Africa in Washington D.C. Simon can be reached on simonateba@todaynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Share
Tweet
Reddit
Pocket
Share
More