Nigeria secret service denies recovering massive loot in homes of sacked intelligence chief

82,089FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,700SubscribersSubscribe
82,089FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,700SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: March 7, 2021


In a statement on Monday, the Nigerian intelligence agency described as fake news reports that billions of naira and other looted items were recovered in the homes of its recently sacked boss, Mr. Lawal Musa Daura.

The Department of State Services said “these non-existent items include: Twenty One Billion Naira (N21bn) cash; 400 assorted and sophisticated small arms and light weapons/rifles; and Thousands of Permanent Voters Card (PVC) belonging to Niger Republic immigrants”.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

Read full statement below


The attention of the Department of State Services (DSS) has been drawn to the circulation of fake information and videos in which several items were said to have been recovered from the Katsina and Abuja homes of its immediate past Director General, Lawal Daura.

These non-existent items include: Twenty One Billion Naira (N21bn) cash; 400 assorted and sophisticated small arms and light weapons/rifles; and Thousands of Permanent Voters Card (PVC) belonging to Niger Republic immigrants.

2. In another video also in circulation, some persons believed to be personnel of a security outfit were seen forcing open safes stocked with money. The security operatives were described as executing a recovery operation at the Katsina home of the former DGSS. 

3. Consequently, the Service wishes to inform the public that these videos are false and should be disregarded. So far, no such recovery operations have been undertaken by the EFCC or any other security agency at DSS’ office or residences of the former DG.

4. There is no doubt that different interests have continued to give varied accounts of the incident of last week at the National Assembly.  It may, however, be recalled that the Presidency had pledged to carry out a detailed investigation regarding the alleged National Assembly siege. The public is, therefore, advised to exercise restraint in their narration of events and as such, desist from spreading fake news or engaging in activities that may mislead or further cause a breach of the peace as well as preempt the outcome of investigations.

[/read_more]

WhatsApp Image 2020 12 12 at 17.28.57
Today News Africahttps://todaynewsafrica.com
Today News Africa is a US-based international news organization focused on US-Africa policy and breaking news. Our goal is to provide truthful and exclusive stories to a diverse audience across North America and the African Continent. Subscribe to our news page at https://todaynewsafrica.com/ and Follow us on Twitter @todaynewsafrica

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Confidential U.S. government report concludes Ethiopia Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed leading ethnic cleansing in Tigray region

A confidential U.S. government report has concluded that the government of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed in Ethiopia along with allied militia fighters are leading a systematic campaign of ethnic cleansing in Tigray."Whole villages were severely damaged or completely erased," the report, first obtained by The New York Times, says.It adds that fighters from the neighboring Amhara region of Ethiopia who moved to Tigray...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Share
Tweet
Reddit
Pocket
Share
More