Nigeria’s Buhari leaves for UK. He may okay $15 billion oil deal for SHELL Updated for 2021

82,125FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,125FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 27, 2021


President Muhammadu Buhari will leave Abuja on Monday 9 April, 2018, for an official visit to Britain where he spent most of last year undergoing treatment for an undisclosed ailment.

The presidency said in a statement on Sunday that Mr. Buhari would hold discussions on Nigeria – British relations with Prime Minister Mrs Theresa May, prior to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meetings scheduled between 18 and 20 April, 2018.

“The President will also meet the Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch Plc, Mr. Ben van Beurden in connection with Shell and other partners’ plan to invest $15 billion in Nigeria’s oil industry,” spokesman Garba Shehu, who issued the statement, said.

“These investment ventures will lay the foundation for the next 20 years production and domestic gas supply, bringing with it all the attendant benefits both to the economy and the wider society.

“President Buhari is due to renew discussions with the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Rev. and Rt. Hon. Justin Welby, a good friend of the President on inter-religious harmony in Nigeria and World-wide.

“Further meetings have also been scheduled for the President to see some prominent British and Nigerians residing in Britain,” he added.

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba covers the White House, the U.S. government, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and other financial and international institutions for Today News Africa in Washington D.C. Simon can be reached on simonateba@todaynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More