Home World News Macron appoints Senegalese-born Sibeth Ndiaye as government Spokesperson

Macron appoints Senegalese-born Sibeth Ndiaye as government Spokesperson Updated for 2021

82,124FansLike
2,966FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe
82,124FansLike
3,122FollowersFollow
2,690SubscribersSubscribe

Updated: February 26, 2021


French President Emmanuel Macron on Sunday appointed Senegalese-born Sibeth Ndiaye as the spokeswoman of France.

She is replacing Benjamin Griveaux who stepped down last week to mount a bid for Paris mayor.

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

“France has given me a lot. Today, it is my turn to give something back,” she said on Monday at the handover ceremony.

She holds a master’s degree in economics and is a mother of three children. She’s been in the communication business for about 10 years and French journalists say she knows the ins and outs of French politics by heart, although she can sometimes be forceful when dealing with the press.

Sibeth Ndiaye took over from Benjamin Griveaux as government spokeswoman after he quit to run for mayor of Paris (AFP Photo/Thomas SAMSON)

New French minister and government spokeswoman Sibeth Ndiaye became a French-citizen in 2016 and has spent almost five years at Emmanuel Macron’s side as his media adviser.

France has given me a lot. Today, it is my turn to give something back – Sibeth Ndiaye

Her role as media adviser is said to have been instrumental to the election of Mr. Macron.

“Her nomination is a strong endorsement of diversity in a high-profile job, a promotion and a sign of the president’s trust,” Philippe Grangeon, one of Macron’s top advisers, told French daily Le Monde.

[/read_more]

Site Default
Site Default
AMOS FOFUNG Nkunchoh is a multi-talented journalist with an intrinsic passion for investigative, politics and conflict reporting. He's based in the U. S.A.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

TRENDING

Human Rights Watch concludes Abiy Ahmed’s soldiers bombed civilians to death, schools, hospitals and markets in Tigray region

Ethiopian federal forces carried out apparently indiscriminate shelling of urban areas in the Tigray region in November 2020 in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said on Wednesday. Artillery attacks at the start of the armed conflict struck homes, hospitals, schools, and markets in the city of Mekelle, and the towns of Humera and Shire, killing at least 83 civilians, including children, and wounding...

Stay connected

[/read_more]

[read_more id="2" more="Read full article" less="Read less"]

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Reddit
Tweet
Share
Share
Pocket
Share
More