Trump’s national security adviser Robert O’Brien tests positive for coronavirus

Although we are headquartered in Washington D.C. USA, our reporters and editors are working around the globe to cover what you care about. Become our exclusive member and help us keep our quality news free and available for all.

President Donald Trump’s national security advisor Robert O’Brien has tested positive for Covid-19.

Robert O’Brien, who has been out of the office since late last week, came down with the coronavirus after a family event and has been isolating at home, a report said, quoting people familiar with the situation.

The report said he is still running the National Security Council and doing most of his work by phone.

O’Brien is the closest official to Trump to develop the novel coronavirus. His office is near the Oval Office and Vice President Mike Pence’s West Wing office.

More than 146,000 Americans have been killed by COVID-19 and over 4.2 million people have contracted the virus. Globally, over 16.2 million cases of coronavirus have been recorded since the pandemic began earlier this year, with deaths passing 648,000, according to data collected by Johns Hopkins University.

Read full article

Simon Ateba
Simon Ateba
Based in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America, Simon leads a brilliant team of reporters, freelance journalists, analysts, researchers and contributors from around the world to run TODAY NEWS AFRICA as editor-in-chief. Simon Ateba's journalistic experience spans over 10 years and covers many beats, including business and investment, information technology, politics, diplomacy, human rights, science reporting and much more. Write him: simonateba@todaynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now

MOST POPULAR

Nigeria-born former Florida State basketball big man Michael Ojo dies of heart attack in Serbia at 27

Nigeria-born former Florida State basketball big man Michael Ojo died of a heart attack in Serbia on Friday. He was only...

Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara says he’s now running for re-election after saying he would not seek third term

Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara announced on Thursday evening that he was running for re-election. The presidential election would take place...

South African President appoints committee to investigate COVID-19 corruption

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has, following a decision taken by Cabinet at its meeting of Wednesday, August 5, 2020, appointed...

68 percent of people who contracted COVID-19 in Africa have recovered while five countries – South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana and Algeria account for 75 percent of all cases

About 68 percent of people who contracted COVID-19 in Africa have recovered, the Africa CDC announced at a briefing on Thursday.

WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa

The first members of a surge team of health experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) have arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa,...
- Advertisement -

LATEST STORIES

South Africa tops 500,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, more than 50 percent of all cases in Africa

South Africa surpassed 500,000 coronavirus cases on Saturday, more than half of all the cases in Africa. According to the...

68 percent of people who contracted COVID-19 in Africa have recovered while five countries – South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana and Algeria account for 75 percent of all cases

About 68 percent of people who contracted COVID-19 in Africa have recovered, the Africa CDC announced at a briefing on Thursday.

WHO sends 43 health experts to South Africa as COVID-19 pandemic worsens

The South African COVID-19 response will soon be bolstered by a surge team of health experts from the World Health Organization...

Watch President Donald Trump’s latest explosive interview in full where many of his lies were debunked

In this explosive interview, President Donald Trump discusses his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, the upcoming election, the human rights icon,...

COVID-19 emergency committee highlights need for response efforts over long term – Statement

The Emergency Committee on COVID-19, convened by the WHO Director-General under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR), held its fourth meeting...

[/read_more]

Read full article

error: Alert: Content is protected !!
Share
Tweet
Share
Reddit
WhatsApp